California Girl in PEI

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Anyone still there?.....

for anyone still checking in on this darn thing, Im still here alive and breathing. It has been a hell of a month for me.

last I spoke i was not in the best of moods due to several things going on. one of which as been my dental problems that have been bothering me since i got back from my vacation the beginning of May.

long story a little shortened.....one root canal....5 fillings...2 of which were very deep and worse then having root canals. one of the fills ended up inflaming the root and the only option was to pull it since it was a tooth that was so built up it wasnt worth saving. then....while that was done an infection was brewing along where the other fillings were done causing pain from my ear, down the side of my face to my neck. got antibiotics for that. THEN....the extracted tooth area decided to become a "dry socket" and had to have this gross soaked piece of gauze packed into it and pain flared up again in that area. oh...and on top of all that...im currently going through codeine withdrawal from all the Tylenol #2's i have been taking....major headache and cold sweats.

it has not been a fun 4 weeks for me and havent been to work either due to it. just not in the mood for anything or anyone. sucks really. there is so much house work that isnt getting done and its driving me nuts.

today....im feeling about a 5 out of 10, which is pretty darn good. havent felt this good in weeks.

after Canada Day (which we didnt do anything this year) I decided to get my butt in gear and turn in my citizenship papers. Watching those going through their ceremony made me wish it was me standing there taking the oath.

so...I have had the application filled out since April. all i had to get done was take the 2 pictures they need and pay the fees. THAT WAS DONE TODAY!

im putting the papers in the mail tomorrow....July 4th! kinda symbolic IMO ...starting my Canadian citizenship process on independence day. im very excited that this is now in the works and around this time next year I hope to be a Canadian Citizen.